Saturday, September 8, 2012



 Inspiration came when I saw a pin of a mosaic made with Mardi Gras Beads (you can see it on my Pinterest boards) It was a simple design.  I can do that.  I have all the supplies, so it follows my rules.  I started with a blank canvas, and decided on a design.  The beads were natural for our NOLA patio, and a castle for my love of Disney.  I drew the design and then colored it in with permanent markers that way the space between the beads isn’t all white when the glue drys.  I picked my colors, and started cutting the beads off of the necklace.  The pain with Mardi Gras beads is that they aren’t strung, the string is fused into the beads.  Each one had to be cut off.  I tried a small area to see if I liked it.  Lots of my favorite tacky glue applied very thickly, and lots of beads later I have an awesome piece of art work.  It took about 8 hours to cut the beads and glue them on.  I figure it will take a few days for the glue to fully dry, and then I will spray it with a sealant, especially because I think I will hang it on my patio. I can't believe I still have a box full of beads. 



No comments:

Post a Comment